Ermatinger-Clergue National Historic Site


Consisting of two of the oldest stone buildings northwest of Toronto surrounded by period gardens. The Ermatinger Old Stone House depicts the domestic and professional life of Charles Oakes Ermatinger, prominent residents and visitors of the House between 1808 to 1870.

The Clergue Blockhouse, relocated to the Site in 1996, was the home of Francis Hector Clergue from 1894 to 1908.


  • Public Washrooms
  • Walkable to Food / Restaurant
  • Paved Parking Lot
  • Paved Road
  • Clear Signage to Property

Payment Type

  • Debit
  • Visa
  • Cash
  • MasterCard


800 Bay St, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 3G4, Canada.

Latitude: 46.5056, Longitude: -84.325026

Contact Info

  • Phone: 705-759-5443
Motorcycle Friendly